Tuesday, November 3 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm Live Stream: Join stream
- Alicia Francia (Speaker) Project coordinator, Pensumo
- Dina Padalkina (Speaker) Founder, Circular Berlin
- Seiler, Charlotte (Parallel session chair) AI Innovation Manager, Berlin Partner
- Roberto Di Bernardo (Parallel session chair) Head of Open Government group (R&D Laboratory), Engineering Ingegneria Informatica SpA / Big Data Value Association
- Charlotte Ducuing (Speaker) PhD fellow, KU Leuven Centre for IT and IP law
- Andrew Collier (Speaker) Suez
- Vega Rodrigálvarez (Parallel session chair) Project Manager, ITAINNOVA / Big Data Value Association
The session showcases examples of Circular Economy initiatives across Europe that integrate AI and Big Data solutions. The examples are drawn both from an urban and rural context.
- Give examples on how a correct information flow is an enabler for circular economies
- Create awareness on business models that can enable data-driven circularity
Further description:The term » Smart Society » encompasses several areas, including the smart city, smart government, smart mobility and the Circular Economy. All these perspectives are fundamental to the development of societies that are sustainable and intelligently connected. The circular economy is a pillar of this » Smart Society «, an economic concept whose objective is that the value of products, materials and resources (e.g. water, energy) is maintained in the economy as long as possible, optimizing the use of them in an intelligent way. It also aims to minimize waste production and works towards implementing a new -non-linear- economy based on the principle of «closing the life cycle» of goods, services, waste, materials, water and energy. As in any process, artificial intelligence (AI) can play an important role in enabling this systemic change. During the event, expert speakers from different backgrounds will present examples and discuss aspects of the Circular Economy.