2.Título del proyecto:
SMART THERMOPLASTIC INJECTION
3. Datos Generales: (Convocatoria/programa/ referencia / fecha concesion/ fecha ejecución
- UNION EUROPEA
- PROGRAMA H2020
- Grant agreement No 768892
- CloudFacturing: Cloudification of Production Engineering for Predictive Digital Manufacturing (Cascade, 2nd Wave)
- CloudingFacturing: 01/10/2017-31/05/2021
- Shion Experiment: 15/02/2019-15/02/2020
4.Presentacion y objetivos
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is essential for the digitalization of the manufacturing sector; notwithstanding, less than 25% of the manufacturing companies in Europe profit from ICT-enabled solutions.
In order to democratically boost the competitiveness of the European manufacturers (especially Small and Mediumsized Enterprises – SMEs), innovative solutions need to consider technological and commercial scalability from the beginning.
From this perspective, the cloudification of services has become the ideal enabler in the manufacturing digitalization. Successful European initiatives such us CloudFlow, CloudSME or Fortissimo have demonstrated the benefits of cloudifying engineering services, by combining HPC resources, computational tools, and cloud computing platforms.
Manufacturing SMEs are empowered to compute and solve problems that cannot be tackled without Cloud and HPC technology, making them more competitive by reducing development times for innovative products with better performance. The results of these initiatives are fostering the engineering and to some extend the prototyping processes within the manufacturing workflow. However, monitoring and optimizing production processes have not yet greatly benefited from an integrated information workflow and simulation loop based on onlinefactory data.
The consolidated platform between CloudFlow and CloudSME will be extended with capabilities to process factory data and enriched by additional manufacturing process simulation tools. It is going to be accessed through a central interface, enabling the stakeholders to interact, and collaborate. The protection of stakeholder’s data is going to be safeguarded with a proven security and privacy framework. In addition to the technological aspects, the start-ups founded by CloudFlow (clesgo) and CloudSME (cloudSME UG) are establishing a strategic alliance to adopt a common sustainable commercial model for the holistic solution. Three waves of application experiments are going to validate the applicability of the results, by providing novel requirements and demanding use and business cases.
CloudiFacturing is a project, which is open to new (teams of) participants (3rd parties). With our Open Calls, we are looking for / seeking innovative use cases in the context of the project’s mission.
The mission of CloudiFacturing is to optimize production processes and producibility using Cloud/HPC-based modelling and simulation, leveraging online factory data and advanced data analytics, thus contributing to the competitiveness and resource efficiency of manufacturing SMEs, ultimately fostering the vision of Factories 4.0 and the circular economy. To pursue this mission, computationally demanding production engineering and simulation as well as data analytics tools are to be provided as Cloud services to ease accessibility and make their use more affordable.
CloudiFacturing will empower over 60 European organizations (many of them being manufacturing SMEs) and will support about 20 cross-national application experiments that will primarily be selected via two Open Calls.
SHION approach will use cognitive technologies (specially Deep Learning algorithmics) to be able to extract the knowledge to generate a predictive model to detect when a defect in the production is going to happen by considering mainly information of the Thermoplastic Injection process itself, with the intrinsic parameters of the injection machine for each piece, as well as context information like environmental conditions, operators review, quality laboratory inspections and piece weight. Constant evolution of the cognitive models generated is also supported.
Our innovative approach will optimize injection processes by the introduction of cognitive technologies (BD, ML, DL and cloud) by extracting knowledge from acquired data of:
- injection process (temperature, pressure, cycle time, volume, caudalimeter …)
- environmental conditions (temperature, relative humidity)
- contextual (material, piece sensor info)
- inspections (operators, quality lab)
Our solutions aim to improve efficiency, quality and productivity of monitored manufacturing processes by anticipating possible faults. During the Cloudingfacturing experiment 2 Thermolympic production lines will be considered looking for enabling:
- Preventive detection of anomalies and fails
- Predictive maintenance
- Operation parameters optimization
- FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FOERDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG E.V. (Fraunhofer)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF WESTMINSTER LBG (UOW)
- CLESGO GMBH
- CLOUDSME UG (CLOUDSME)
- CLOUDBROKER GMBH (CLOUDBROKER)
- CLOUDSIGMA AG (CLOUDSIGMA)
- SCALETOOLS AG (SCALETOOLS)
- LUNDS UNIVERSITET (ULUND)
- STIFTELSEN SINTEF (SINTEF)
- SCUOLA UNIVERSITARIA PROFESSIONALEDELLA SVIZZERA ITALIANA, (SUPSI)
- MAGYAR TUDOMANYOS AKADEMIA SZAMITASTECHNIKAI ES AUTOMATIZALASI KUTATOINTEZET (SZTAKI)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM (UNOTT)
- INNOMINE GROUP KFT (INNOMINE)
- ALMA MATER STUDIORUM – UNIVERSITA DI BOLOGNA (UNIBO)
- VYSOKA SKOLA BANSKA – TECHNICKA UNIVERZITA OSTRAVA (IT4I)
- INSOMNIA CONSULTING SOCIEDAD LIMITADA (Insomnia)
- STAM SRL (STAM)
- DEUTSCHES FORSCHUNGSZENTRUM FUR KUNSTLICHE INTELLIGENZ GMBH(DFKI)
- LINZ CENTER OF MECHATRONICS GMBH (LCM)
- HANNING ELEKTRO-WERKE GMBH & CO.KG (HANNING)
- CATMARINE SRL (CATMARINE)
- CENTRO DI RICERCHE EUROPEO DI TECNOLOGIE DESIGN E MATERIALI (CETMA)
- SKA POLSKA SP (ZOO) (SKA)
- PRIVREDNO DRUSTVO ZA PRUZANJE USLUGA ISTRAZIVANJE I RAZVOJ NISSATECH INNOVATION CENTRE DOO (NISSA)
- ZANNINI-SPA (ZAN)
- FERRAM STROJIRNA SRO (FERRAM)
- HYDAL ALUMINIUM PROFILER AS (Hydal)
- NABLADOT SL (Nabladot)
- ENDEF ENGINEERING SL (ENDEF)
- DSS CONSULTING INFORMATIKAI ES TANACSADO KFT (DSS)
- BAKONY ELEKTRONIKA VILLAMOSIPARI GYARTO, SZOLGALTATO KORLATOLT FELELOSSEGU TARSASAG (BE)
- COOPERLAT SOCIETA COOPERATIVA AGRICOLA (Trevalli)
- MACHINEERING GMBH & CO KG (machineering)
- Thermolympic, S.L. (Experiment Coordinator/End User) Spanish plastic injection SME.
- BMS Vision. (ISV, Large company) Belgium large multinational company providing MES for real time machine and environmental data acquisition and shop floor workers interation with IT systems.
- Instituto Tecnológico de Aragón ITAINNOVA (ISV) Spanish R&D center providing Moriarty technology for fast prototyping of AI and cognitive solutions.
- SHION Experiment: 130.533€
- ITAINNOVA Budget: 42.500€
- SHION: 104.122 €
- FINANCIACION TOTAL ITANNOVA: 42.500 €
“The project CloudiFacturing receives funding from the European Union’s Horizon2020 research and innovation programme (Grant No. 768892).”